Register now for Polis at Busworld Academy - Automation Session - High Level Debate for Authorities
- European Commission, José Fernandez Garcia, Policy Officer Clean Transport and Sustainable Urban Mobility
- Transport for London, Mike Weston, Director of Buses
- EMT Madrid, Sergio Fernández Balaguer, Head of European and Mobility Projects
- Belgian Road Safety Institute (BIVV/IBSR), Karin Genoe, Managing Director
- Metropolitan Transit System San Diego, Julio Ortiz, Director of Fleet and Facility Maintenance
- Transport for Greater Manchester, Howard Hartley, Head of Bus
- Tisséo Toulouse, Alexandre Blaquiere, Deputy Director in Charge of Assets and Investments
- Flanders Region,Bart Van Camp, Head of Cabinet Flemish Minister of Mobility
Polis is also hosting a session on automation. The session takes place on 19 October. This session will address automation in the passenger transport environment. It will draw primarily on the EU FP7 project, CityMobil2, which is demonstrating automated passenger transport vehicles in various urban environments across Europe. Participants will learn about the types of systems implemented in CityMobil2, the results of the urban demonstrations as well as the prospects for automation in cities of the future. The session will also reach out to other passenger transport automation initiatives/plans outside the CityMobil2 project.
For this session, the following speakers are confirmed:
- Adriano Alessandrini, La Sapienza/ CTL - Demonstrating the potential of urban road transport automation through CityMobil2
- Matthieu Graindorge, La Rochelle Urban Community - Lessons learnt from the La Rochelle demonstration with CityMobil2
- Marieke Kassenberg, Province of Gelderland - The WE-pod, a revolution or evolution?
- Harold Perik, FlandersMake - Flemish ambition on automating Public Transport
- Monica Giannini, IRU