Fired-uP: FIRE services Develop innovative Procurement
The project focuses on innovation as a way of improving the environmental performance of fire service fleets. The headline objective of the Fired-uP project is to play a significant role in overcoming the current barriers that exist to innovation within the European public procurement arena in the field of fire service fleets.
The project will:
- Examine the key environmental impacts of fire service vehicles and their relationship to operational requirements.
- Identify successful approaches to market consultation for innovative procurement.
- Identify approaches to manage contractual risk, for both supply and service contracts.
- Develop common performance-based specifications.
- Undertake innovative procurement to meet operational needs in London and Ghent.
- Improve awareness within the European fire service community of the environmental impacts of vehicles and how to procure a more innovative vehicle.
More detailed information is available on http://www.fired-up.eu.