POLIS is recruiting a urban mobility Project Manager
For its Brussels-based secretariat, the POLIS network is looking for an experienced project manager, who will be employed on a full-time one-year contract, with the possibility of an extension.
The main tasks associated with this position involve:
- Coordinating POLIS’ involvement in a selection of European urban mobility projects;
- Drafting policy recommendations and practitioner guidelines in the field of urban mobility;
- Coordinate POLIS’ involvement in a selection of European projects, mainly but not only on clean vehicles
- Draft policy recommendations and practitioner guidelines in the field of urban mobility;
- Coordinate reference groups of cities regarding user need requirements, transferability of good practice and the deployment of innovative transport solutions;
- Organise training and capacity building activities on innovative mobility policy tools;
- Develop communication strategies and tools for EU funded urban transport projects (including coordination with web designers and communication agencies, management and maintenance of project websites, drafting of publications, organisation of project events, etc.);
- Establish and coordinate relations with project partners and transport stakeholders;
- Carry out and coordinate overall project management related tasks.
The successful candidate will be expected to have:
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience within the transport field;
- European project management expertise;
- Excellent knowledge of the urban mobility domain;
- Experience with drafting texts and developing communication tools in English;
- Very good analytical and writing skills;
- A strong ability to work independently, under pressure, and on a wide range of activities;
- A relevant university degree;
- An excellent command of English (spoken and written); knowledge of other European languages will be an asset.
He/she should be able to join the POLIS team in February 2022.
What we offer
A full-time 1-year contract with the possibility of an extension, and an attractive, flexible, dynamic and people-friendly working environment.
How to apply
Please send your motivation letter and CV to Karen Vancluysen, firstname.lastname@example.org, POLIS Secretary General, by 31 January 2022.
POLIS is the leading European network of cities and regions on urban transport innovation, where European local and regional authorities have been working together since 1998 to promote sustainable mobility through the deployment of innovative transport solutions.
Our aim is to improve local transport through integrated strategies that address the economic, social and environmental dimensions of transport. To this end, we support the exchange of experiences and the transfer of knowledge between our members and facilitate the dialogue with mobility stakeholders from the private sector. Fostering these partnerships makes research and innovation in transport more accessible and scalable. We also act as the voice of our members towards the European institutions to help shape EU mobility policy.