POLIS is recruiting a project coordinator “Data, ITS, CCAM & Traffic Management”
For its Brussels-based secretariat, POLIS is looking for an experienced project coordinator, who will be employed on a full-time permanent contract.
The main tasks associated with this position involve:
- Coordinating POLIS’ involvement in a selection of EU-funded projects (Horizon Europe/Interreg/CEF) in the field of data, ITS, CCAM, and traffic management;
- Drafting policy recommendations and practitioner guidelines in the aforementioned fields;
- Managing reference groups of cities regarding user need requirements, transferability of good
practice, and the deployment of innovative transport solutions;
- Organising training and capacity-building activities on innovative mobility solutions;
- Establishing and maintaining relations with project partners and transport stakeholders;
- Carrying out overall project management-related tasks;
- Supporting the activities of the POLIS Working Group on Traffic Efficiency, where data, ITS,
traffic management and CCAM are discussed with POLIS members.
The successful candidate will be expected to have:
- Minimum 3 years of relevant work experience within the aforementioned transport fields;
- Excellent knowledge of the urban mobility domain; specifically in the field of data, ITS, CCAM
and traffic management European project management expertise;
- Experience with drafting texts in English;
- Very good analytical and writing skills;
- A strong ability to work independently, under pressure, and on a wide range of activities;
- A relevant university degree;
- An excellent command of English (spoken and written); knowledge of other European
languages will be an asset.
Applicants must – for legal reasons – hold EU citizenship or a valid EU residence permit and a valid Belgian work permit. They have to live and work in Belgium. They should be able to join the POLIS team in January 2024.
What we offer
A full-time permanent contract, a salary and benefits in line with experience and expertise, and an attractive, flexible, dynamic and people-friendly working environment.
How to apply
Please send your motivation letter and CV to Karen Vancluysen, email@example.com, POLIS Secretary General, by 10 December 2023.
POLIS is the leading European network of cities and regions on urban transport innovation, where European local and regional authorities have been working together since 1998 to promote sustainable mobility through the deployment of innovative transport solutions.
Our aim is to improve local transport through integrated strategies that address the economic, social and environmental dimensions of transport. To this end, we support the exchange of experiences and the transfer of knowledge between our members and facilitate the dialogue with mobility stakeholders from the private sector. Fostering these partnerships makes research and innovation in transport more accessible and scalable. We also act as the voice of our members towards the European institutions to help shape EU mobility policy.