This pillar covers a broad range of topics related to social and economic aspects of transport.
It addresses issues related to:
- accessibility, including the accessibility of transport to the mobility impaired and accessibility to basic services (health centres, shops, culture, etc) for everyone;
- the financing of public transport and transport projects (including road infrastructure) generally;
- regulation, planning and governance
Topics being discussed in this pillar are:
- accessibility and social inclusion
- charging and taxation
- urban freight delivery and city logistics
- public transport
- land use and transport
- sustainable urban mobility plans
These topics are covered by Polis through working group meetings, European projects, and through policy activities to communicate the opinions of European cities and regions on these topics to the European Institutions...
Working Group meeting:
Information on meetings and activities: see Working Group page.