2011 Annual Polis Conference and Polis Annual General Assembly
29 November 2011
- 30 November 2011
Polis & the European Economic and Social Committee invite to the conference: Innovation in transport for sustainable cities and region.
The presentations are available here.
Download the programme.
See the photos.
There has been live tweeting at the 2011 Annual Polis Conference. The hashtag was . Find Polis on twitter!
About 2011 Annual Polis Conference
Learn about the innovative transport projects and policies pursued by cities and regions. Gain insight to the future direction of urban and regional mobility. Discuss European transport policies for urban and regional mobility.
Learn about current practice and future plans to:
- Reduce the environmental impact of road transport;
- More effectively manage the movement of people and goods;
- Deliver safer roads and a more secure transport network;
- Finance transport systems and improve accessibility and social conditions.
Gain understanding of the research needs for sustainable mobility in cities and regions. Network with local and regional transport decision-makers, officers from around Europe and civil society representatives.
Who should attend the conference?
- Transport professionals from public authorities;
- Decision makers at local, regional, national and EU level;
- Civil society in Europe;
- Transport industry;
- Employer and employee representatives
Eltis award for the best paper
An award and prize for the best paper will be offered by Eltis - the urban mobility portal during the conference. Read who whon the price on 2011!
Please note: Workshops on FOT results and on automated transport systems
- 28 November: Workshop "Exploitation of FOT results" in Brussels: A FOT-Net workshop on expectations from various stakeholders, including policy makers, from results of Field Operational Tests. Further information: click here.
- 1 December: Automated transport systems workshop in Brussels: The final event of the CityMobil project on will be about the progress of the various automated transport systems already operating and the perspectives for the deployment of such advanced transport systems in urban areas in the future. Further information: click here.
Polis negiotiated special rates with two hotels in Brussels. A number of rooms have been prebooked for participants of the Polis Annual Conference. Please send the reservation form within the reservation period directly to the hotel to make a booking!
- Hotel Atlas
Rue du Vieux Marché aux Grains 30, 1000 Brussels
Single room: EUR 115,00 incl. breakfast (buffet)
Double room: EUR 133,00 incl. breakfast (buffet)
Deadline for reservation: extended to 1 October 2011
Reservation form: click here.
- Leopold Hotel
Rue du Luxembourg 35, 1050 Brussels
Single room: EUR 160,00 incl. breakfast (buffet)
Double room: EUR 180,00 incl. breakfast (buffet)
Deadline for reservation: extended to 28 October 2011
Reservation form: click here.